This page describes how medical information about you may be used & disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
Please read this information carefully.
1. Below is a description, including at least one (1) example, of the types of uses and disclosures that this organization is permitted to make for each of the following purposes: treatment, payment, & health care operations:
Disclosures to other health care providers, including for example, to patients' attending physicians. Submission of claims and supporting documentation including, for example, to organizations responsible to pay for services provided by the organization. Disclosures to conduct the operations of the organization including, for example, sharing information to supervisors of staff members who provide care to patients.
2. Below is a description of each of the other purposes for which the organization is permitted or required to use or disclose protected health information with an individual's written consent or authorization:
To patients, incident to another permitted use or disclosure, by agreement, to the Secretary of the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services as required by law for public health activities, information about victims of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence, health oversight activities, for judicial and administrative proceedings, for law enforcement proceedings, about decedents, for cadaveric organ, eye or tissue donation, for research purposes, to avert a serious threat to health or safety, for specific government functions, to business associates of the organization, to personal representatives, de-identified information, to workforce members who are victims of crimes, to workers' compensation programs, for involvement in the individual's care and for notification purposes, with the individual present, for limited uses and disclosures when the individual is not present, and for disaster relief purposes.
3. Other uses and disclosures, such as disclosure of psychotherapy notes, use of protected health information for marketing activities and the sale of protected health information, will be made only with the individual's written authorization and the individual may revoke such authorization.
4. The organization may contact the individual to schedule visits and for other coordination of care activites.
5. The individual has the right to request further restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of protected health information, but the organization is not required to agree to any requested restriction(s), except disclosures must be restricted to health plans if the disclosure is for the purpose of carrying out payment or health care operations and is not otherwise required by law and the protected health information pertains solely to a health care item or service for which the individual or person other than the health plan on behalf of the individual has paid the organization in full.
6. The individual has the right to receive confidential communications of protected health information, the right to inspect and copy protected health information, the right to amend protected health information, the right to receive and accounting of disclosures of protected health information and the right to obtain a paper copy of this Notice from the organization upon request.
7. The organization is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information and to provide individuals with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected health information and to notify affected individuals following a breach of unsecured protected health information.
8. The organization is required to abide by the terms of this Notice currently in effect.
9. The organization reserves the right to change the terms of its Notice and to make the new notice provisions effective for all protected health information that it maintains. Individuals may obtain a revised copy of this Notice upon request.
10. Individuals may complain to the organization and to the Secretary of the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services if they believe their privacy right have been violated. Complaints should be directed to Luke Harmon, CEO at the organization at the following telephone number: 330-334-7027. Individuals will not be retaliated against for filing a complaint.
11. For further information, individuals should contact Rebecca Soucie, R.N. D.O.N, at the organization at the following telephone number: 330-334-1025.
12. This notice is in effect as of Sept 20, 2013
A.S.A.P. Home Nurses, Inc. complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. A.S.A.P. Home Nurses, Inc.
does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin,
age, disability, or sex.
A.S.A.P. Home Nurses, Inc.
•Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively
with us, such as:
○Qualified sign language interpreters ○Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
•Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such
as: Qualified interpreters Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Becky Soucie RN, DON.
If you believe that A.S.A.P. Home Nurses, Inc. has failed to provide these services or
discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex,
you can file a grievance with: Becky Soucie RN, DON c/o 1 Park Center Dr. #17, Wadsworth, OH 44281.
330-334-1025, 330-334-5102, email@example.com. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Becky Soucie RN, DON is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human
Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint
Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
ATTENTION: If you speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer: 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
ﻢﻗﻢﻗﺮﺑ ﻞﺼﺗا .نﺎﺠﻤﻟﺎﺑ ﻚﻟ ﺮﻓاﻮﺘﺗ ﺔﯾﻮﻐﻠﻟا ةﺪﻋﺎﺴﻤﻟا تﺎﻣﺪﺧ نﺈﻓ ،ﺔﻐﻠﻟا ﺮﻛذا ثﺪﺤﺘﺗ ﺖﻨﻛ اذإ :ﺔظﻮﺤﻠﻣ.(1-888-808-9008 – 8971934) ﻢﻜﺒﻟاو ﻢﺼﻟا ﻒﺗﺎھ
Wann du [Deitsch (Pennsylvania German / Dutch)] schwetzscht, kannscht du mitaus Koschte ebber gricke, ass dihr helft mit die englisch Schprooch. Ruf selli Nummer uff: Call 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
ATTENTION: Si vous parlez français, des services d'aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụhỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
XIYYEEFFANNAA: Afaan dubbattuOroomiffa, tajaajila gargaarsa afaanii, kanfaltiidhaan ala, ni argama. Bilbilaa 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934. 번으로 전화해 주십시오
ATTENZIONE: In caso la lingua parlata sia l'italiano, sono disponibili servizi di assistenza linguistica gratuiti. Chiamare il numero 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
注意事項：日本語を話される場合、無料の言語支援をご利用いただけます。1-888-808-9008 – 8971934まで、お電話にてご連絡ください。
AANDACHT: Als u nederlands spreekt, kunt u gratis gebruikmaken van de taalkundige diensten. Bel 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
УВАГА! Якщо ви розмовляєте українською мовою, ви можете звернутися до безкоштовної служби мовної підтримки. Телефонуйте за номером 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934
ATENȚIE: Dacă vorbiți limba română, vă stau la dispoziție servicii de asistență lingvistică, gratuit. Sunați la 1-888-808-9008 – 8971934